THE GREATEST HOPE IS THAT CHRIST WILL COME AGAIN!
Are you sure to partake of this glorious Hope?
The Scriptures teach that when Christ comes again to conquer death for us in the same way He had conquered death in His life, there shall be RESURRECTION with immortal bodies (for those who died in Christ) while there shall be CHANGE to immortality (for those still living in Christ 1Cor 15:52) and RAPTURE together (for both those Raised in Christ and those Changed in Christ 1Thes 4:17).
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
(51) Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
(52) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMPET. FOR THE TRUMPET WILL SOUND, and the DEAD WILL BE RAISED imperishable, and WE SHALL BE CHANGED.
(53) For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and THIS MORTAL BODY MUST PUT ON IMMORTALITY.
(54) When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
(15) For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until THE COMING OF THE LORD will by no means precede those who have died.
(16) With a shout of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the SOUND OF GOD’S TRUMPET, the Lord himself will come down from heaven, and THE DEAD IN CHRIST WILL RISE FIRST.
(17) Then WE WHO ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN WILL BE CAUGHT UP in the clouds together with them to MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. And so we will BE WITH THE LORD FOREVER.
NOTICE from these Scriptures that we shall not all die before the resurrection because true Christians who shall still be alive at Christ’s Second Coming and the Last Trumpet sound shall be changed without dying.
NOTICE also that the dead in Christ shall first be resurrected, then those living in Christ shall next be changed to be raptured together with the risen dead.
Christ shall Come Again with His Holy Angels (2Thes 1:7) to gather His Elect Saints into glory (2Thes 2:10) and destroy the Antichrist setup (2Thes 2:8-9).
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
(6) Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
(7) And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be REVEALED from heaven WITH HIS MIGHTY ANGELS,
(8) In flaming fire TAKING VENGEANCE ON THEM THAT KNOW NOT GOD, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
(9) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the PRESENCE of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
(10) WHEN HE SHALL COME TO BE GLORIFIED IN HIS SAINTS, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
At His Second Coming, Christ would descend from the third heaven, shake the space constellations in the second heaven and come down to appear in the atmospheric sky of the first heaven. Then:
- The LAST TRUMPET shall sound – by the Archangel.
- The dead in Christ (Church Triumphant) shall first be RESURRECTED to immortality.
- The living in Christ (Church Militant) shall then be CHANGED to immortality.
- The raised Triumphant Saints and changed Militant Saints shall together be RAPTURED and gathered to MEET and welcome the coming Lord in the atmospheric air.
- These raptured immortal Saints shall forever be with the Lord to REIGN with Him in the Millennium and REST with Him in the Eternity.
When would this Second Coming of Christ, the last Trumpet, Resurrection, Rapture, etc be?
- Christ said it WILL BE AT THE END OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION (Matt 24:29-31).
- The Apostles wrote it WOULD NOT BE TILL AFTER THE ANTICHRIST LAWLESS REIGN AND THE TRIBULATION (1Cor 15:20-26; 2Thes 2:1-4; Rev 20:4-6).
- Some Christians in recent times think that it SHOULD BEGIN BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST AND THE TRIBULATION (due to some recent Dispensationalist and Escapist considerations).
(29) “IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
(30) Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(31) AND HE WILL SEND OUT HIS ANGELS WITH A LOUD TRUMPET CALL, AND THEY WILL GATHER HIS ELECT FROM THE FOUR WINDS, FROM ONE END OF HEAVEN TO THE OTHER.
1 Corinthians 15:20-26
(20) But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
(21) For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead.
(22) For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
(23) BUT EACH IN HIS OWN ORDER: CHRIST THE FIRSTFRUITS, THEN AT HIS COMING THOSE WHO BELONG TO CHRIST.
(24) Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.
(25) For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
(26) The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
(1) NOW CONCERNING THE COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AND OUR BEING GATHERED TOGETHER TO HIM, WE ASK YOU, BROTHERS,
(2) not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
(3) LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU IN ANY WAY. FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT COME, UNLESS THE REBELLION COMES FIRST, AND THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS IS REVEALED, THE SON OF DESTRUCTION,
(4) who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
(4) Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. THEY CAME TO LIFE AND REIGNED WITH CHRIST FOR A THOUSAND YEARS.
(5) THE REST OF THE DEAD DID NOT COME TO LIFE UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE ENDED. THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION.
(6) BLESSED AND HOLY IS THE ONE WHO SHARES IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.
Whatever shall be the case, ARE YOUR READY FOR THE LORD?