There is important measure of SAVING GRACE which many have CHOSEN to NEGLECT, REJECT or RESIST in the Church of these End Times!
2 Timothy 4:3-4
(3) For the time will come when THEY WILL NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE; but after their own lusts shall they draw to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4) And they shall TURN AWAY THEIR EARS FROM THE TRUTH, and shall be turned unto MYTHS.
OT Israel had God’s Word but lacked the enablement of Christ’s Saving Grace to receive the Scripture to be equipped for God but they selectively claimed God’s promises.
In the NT, Christ’s Saving Grace is available HELP to enable all of us whosoever believes in Christ with “power that works in us” (Ep 3:20) and the “divine power given to us” (2Pet 1:3) to respond thoroughly and wholeheartedly to “ALL Scriptures given by the inspiration of God” (2Tim 3:16). This is because Saving Grace RECEIVED BY FAITH IN CHRIST surely overcomes CARNAL DEPRAVITY and empowers for SPIRITUAL DEVOTION.
(11) For the GRACE OF GOD THAT BRINGS SALVATION has appeared to all men,
(12) Teaching us that, DENYING ungodliness and worldly lusts, WE SHOULD LIVE sensibly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
(11) Likewise RECKON you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(12) LET NOT sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
(13) NEITHER YIELD your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: BUT YIELD YOURSELVES unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as INSTRUMENTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO GOD.
(14) For SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU: for you are not under the law, BUT UNDER GRACE.
The Grace of being a thoroughly furnished and wise man or woman of God goes beyond the common Grace of being willing and able to receive and preach the “consoling” EXHORTATION or ENCOURAGEMENT and PROMISES from the Scriptures which we “CLAIM” usually for OUR OWN PLEASURE.
(4) For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Why is there a lack or rejection of the wise-making and thoroughly-furnishing Grace of being willing and able to receive and preach the “cautioning” ADMONITION, REBUKE, REPROOF, CORRECTION, DOCTRINE and INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS from the Scriptures to which we “COMPLY” usually for DIVINE PLEASURE?
2 Timothy 3:15-17
(15) And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable FOR DOCTRINE, FOR REPROOF, FOR CORRECTION, FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 4:1-2
(1) I charge you therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
(2) Preach the word; be diligent in season, out of season; REPROVE, REBUKE, EXHORT with all longsuffering and DOCTRINE.