The mystery of the Trinity
CO-ETERNITY, CO-EQUALITY, CO-DIGNITY AND CO-UNITY OF THE FATHER AND THE SON IN THE ONE DIVINITY
Joh 1:1-5, 10-14
(1) IN THE BEGINNING THE WORD ALREADY EXISTED; THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD.
(2) From the very beginning the Word was with God.
(3) Through him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him.
(4) THE WORD WAS THE SOURCE OF LIFE, AND THIS LIFE BROUGHT LIGHT TO PEOPLE.
(5) The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.
(10) The Word was in the world, and though God made the world through him, yet the world did not recognize him.
(11) He came to his own country, but his own people did not receive him.
(12) Some, however, did receive him and believed in him; so he gave them the right to become God’s children.
(13) They did not become God’s children by natural means, that is, by being born as the children of a human father; God himself was their Father.
(14) THE WORD BECAME A HUMAN BEING AND, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH, LIVED AMONG US. We saw his glory, the glory which he received as the Father’s only Son.
Joh 5:18, 21-23
(18) This saying made the Jewish authorities all the more determined to kill him; not only had he broken the Sabbath law, but he had said that God was his own Father and IN THIS WAY HAD MADE HIMSELF EQUAL WITH GOD.
(21) JUST AS THE FATHER RAISES THE DEAD AND GIVES THEM LIFE, IN THE SAME WAY THE SON GIVES LIFE TO THOSE HE WANTS TO.
(22) Nor does the Father himself judge anyone. He has given his Son the full right to judge,
(23) so that ALL WILL HONOR THE SON IN THE SAME WAY AS THEY HONOR THE FATHER. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
(30) THE FATHER AND I ARE ONE.”
(31) Then the people again picked up stones to throw at him.
(32) Jesus said to them, “I have done many good deeds in your presence which the Father gave me to do; for which one of these do you want to stone me?”
(33) They answered, “We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! YOU ARE ONLY A MAN, BUT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF GOD!”
(6) HE ALWAYS HAD THE NATURE OF GOD, BUT HE DID NOT THINK THAT BY FORCE HE SHOULD TRY TO REMAIN EQUAL WITH GOD.
(7) Instead of this, of his own free will HE GAVE UP ALL HE HAD, AND TOOK THE NATURE OF A SERVANT. HE BECAME LIKE A HUMAN BEING and appeared in human likeness.
(8) He was humble and walked the path of obedience all the way to death— his death on the cross.
(9) For this reason God raised him to the highest place above and gave him the name that is greater than any other name.
(10) And so, IN HONOR OF THE NAME OF JESUS ALL BEINGS IN HEAVEN, ON EARTH, AND IN THE WORLD BELOW WILL FALL ON THEIR KNEES,
(19) For it was by God’s own decision that THE SON HAS IN HIMSELF THE FULL NATURE OF GOD.
(20) Through the Son, then, God decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son’s blood on the cross and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven.
(6) Since you have accepted Christ Jesus as Lord, live in union with him.
(7) KEEP YOUR ROOTS DEEP IN HIM, BUILD YOUR LIVES ON HIM, AND BECOME STRONGER IN YOUR FAITH, AS YOU WERE TAUGHT. And be filled with thanksgiving.
(8) See to it, then, that no one enslaves you by means of the worthless deceit of human wisdom, which comes from the teachings handed down by human beings and from the ruling spirits of the universe, and not from Christ.
(9) FOR THE FULL CONTENT OF DIVINE NATURE LIVES IN CHRIST, IN HIS HUMANITY,
(10) and you have been given full life in union with him. He is supreme over every spiritual ruler and authority.