WHY OUR WORLD HAS CHANGED FOR THE WORSE
The world has never freely been this REBELLIOUS, LICENTIOUS, COVETOUS and VICIOUS. And most of us are subtly swept along! It’s wake-up time to resist the devil, repent and return fully to our God.
Since the Woodstock Festival of August 1969 held by New Age hippies, European and American youths have rapidly changed the ways of the gentile world for the worse through the globalising influence of Postmodernist and Existentialist ideologies. These resurgent pagan worldviews propagated in these last days through ICT gadgets, the Mass Media, popular music and fashion and even academic curricula insist:
• that no individual should be expected or adjudged to change for the purposes of fitting into any institutional values or religious mores;
• that instead of being corrective the society, institutions and religions must rather change their rules to accommodate the deviant individual.
As absurd as it sounds, they insist that all must be allowed to “be themselves” and “follow their hearts and passion” whithersoever and whatsoever they feel moved or led without submitting to censure, moral or immoral, spiritual or carnal, rational or irrational, truth or fallacy, normal or deviant. Nevertheless, this new paganism would paradoxically fight those whose passion and heart are against the postmodernist’s own interests, life and property or fight those whose passion and heart are after biblical faith and Christians values.
Even in the Church, these self-centred views and licentious vogue have crept in unawares through loudmouthed flatterers and motivational speakers (Jude verses 4 and 16) who for commercial motives turn the Christian faith from the spirituality of contentment and God-pleasing worship into a spirituality of covetousness and self-pleasing form of godliness. This anything-goes heathenish worldview is the God-hating and self-loving course of this godless world being manipulated by the spirit of the powers of the air, which works disobedience unto wrath in our crooked and perverse generation. St Paul described this depravity in the Scriptures.
(2) In which IN TIME PAST YOU WALKED according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our behavior in times past in the LUSTS OF OUR FLESH, FULFILLING THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH AND OF THE MIND; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
2 Timothy 3:1-5
(1) But understand this, that IN THE LAST DAYS there will come times of difficulty.
(2) For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
(3) heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,
(4) treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
(5) having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. AVOID SUCH PEOPLE.
(28) Furthermore, because they did not think it worthwhile to retain the full knowledge of God, God gave them over to degraded minds to PERFORM ACTS THAT SHOULD NOT BE DONE.
(29) They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips,
(30) slanderers, GOD-HATERS, haughty, arrogant, boastful, INVENTORS OF EVIL, DISOBEDIENT TO THEIR PARENTS,
(31) foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
(32) Although they know God’s just requirement-that those who practice such things deserve to die-THEY NOT ONLY DO THESE THINGS BUT EVEN APPLAUD OTHERS WHO PRACTICE THEM.
1. POSTMODERNISM (20th Century mainly American philosophical movement) = a counter-cultural movement that reacts to dismantle established principles and practices of modernist values and mores as well as propagates the rejection of moral basis and truth standards of the Judeo-Christian faiths.
2. EXISTENTIALISM (20th Century mainly European philosophical movement) = the idea that everyone is so free from everyone else to experience and live as one chooses and feels (not according to established standards of human right and dignity but because nothing should be established) such that what is truth/right to one person is different from what is truth/right for all other persons.