A LITTLE GLIMPSE OF THE GLORIES OF HEAVEN. Great Mystery!
1 Corinthians 2:9-12
(9) But as it is written, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him.”
(10) But God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the deep things of God.
(11) Is there anyone who can understand his own thoughts except by his own inner spirit? In the same way, no one can know the thoughts of God except God’s Spirit.
(12) Now, we have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who comes from God, so that we can understand the things that were freely given to us by God.
From what Christ revealed to His beloved Apostle John, we have this picture of Heaven.
AROUND Christ’s Throne in Heaven’s Throne or Worship Room we have: 35 Special Angelic Beings which include:
- 4 six-winged many-eyed Throne Creatures and
- 24 enthroned Elders (Revelation 4), plus
- 7 special starry Executive Angels (Rev 8:2; 16:1).
The 4 Throne Creatures and the 24 Elders held praise-worship harps and incense bowls of saints’ prayers (Rev 5:8)
The other Angels are innumerable ministering Spirits that worship God (Rev 5:11-12; 7:11) and execute God’s commands for the good of the Saints (Heb 1:7, 14; 12:22).
The Throne Room also has Seven Fiery-Spirits golden Lamps (Rev 1:3-6; 4:5) and a golden Incense Altar for offering of the prayers of the saints (Rev 6:9; 8:3-5).
NOTE: The PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS participate with the golden vials (Rev 5:8) of the inner-circle members of the heavenly throne room to activate the fire-power and embers on the heavenly golden altar of incense (Rev 6:9; Rev 8:3-5). Great mystery!
BEFORE Christ’s Throne, there shall be resurrected Saints redeemed through Christ who worship God blissfully. These who shall be raised and gathered/raptured unto Christ as One Bride when Christ comes (1Thes 4:16-17; Rev 1:7) include:
- the 144,000 faithful Saints of the 12 Tribes of Israel (Rev 7:1-8; 14:1-5) and
- Innumerable overcoming Saints from Every Tribe and Tongue both great and small (Rev 7:9-17).
NOTE that for now (before Christ comes in glory to raise His Saints), all unresurrected disembodied souls of triumphant sleeping Saints (spirits of just men made perfect Heb 12:22-24) congregate under the golden altar before the Throne (Rev 6:9) and join the Church in prayers of the Saints. The Angels burn these prayers of the Saints with incense on the heavenly altar to give it great power (Rev 8:3-5).
OUTSIDE the Throne Worship Room, is the nightless golden heavenly City (Rev 21:9-27) with its River of Life issuing from Christ’s Throne (Rev 22:1-5) and many mansions prepared for all redeemed believers (John 14:1-4) who have been registered in the Lamb’s book of Life since the beginning of the world (Rev 21:27). These registered redeemed believers who become indigenised in the celestial ornamental City include:
- the 12 Tribes of Israel as the City’s pearl Gates (Rev 21:9-13, Rev 21:21),
- the 12 Apostles as the City’s precious-stone wall foundations/pillars (Rev 21:14-20), and
- the Saved (i.e. Kings/Priests Rev 5:10; 20:6) of all Nations as contributors to the City’s glory and honour and beneficiaries of the City’s illumination (Rev 21:24-27).
During the 1000years reign of the Saints on earth before the Great Conflagration and Final Judgment, this celestial City will descend from Heaven to be the special “Camp of the Saints” from which the Saints should sit on thrones to reign and judge (the Great Subjugation) on the earth (Rev 20:1-10).
BEYOND the Heavenly City shall be the “New Heaven and New Earth” for the eternal heritage of the Saints who overcome in Christ unto the end (2Pet 3:13; Rev 21:1-8).
What the Church had known and expected in apostolic times were these.
FROM THE GOSPELS AND EPISTLES, What we expect from now:
- Perilous worsening of the present reprobation and tribulation till it reaches WHAT GOD CONSIDERS the greatest antichristian lawlessness optimally bearable for His Saints (called Great Tribulation and Antichrist Cultic Reign).
- The Glorious Coming/Parousia/Appearing/Revelation of Christ to raise and gather His just Saints rapturously (called First Resurrection/Rapture/Glorification).
- The destruction of the antichristian heathenish modernity and abysmal enchainment of Satan (linked to Armageddon War)
FROM REVELATION 19-22 & 2PETER 3, We have these in addition:
- The iron-sceptre subjugation of the whole world under Christ and His redeemed overcoming Saints (called Millennial Reign or Marriage Supper)
- The Final Conflict and destruction of all unbelievers (linked with Gog and Magog Revolt)
- The Great Conflagration of the elemental/physiochemical universe with fervent heat and loud explosive noise (2Peter 3)
- The Final Throne/Bema Judgment of eternal retribution of torment for the Unjust (in the Lake of Sulphur and Brimstone) and eternal reward of bliss for the Just (in the New Heaven and New Earth).