When Balaam the false prophet could not curse Israel, he counselled Balak to entice Israel to sin in order to indirectly provoke God’s wrath against the Israelites (Num 31:16), just as the Serpent did to Eve in Eden. These Balaamite and serpentine false “Christians” now opine that homosexuality is not sin if between two faithful partners and masturbation is not sin if used for erotic release to avoid the temptation or danger of fornication!!! They falsely claim that the Scripture is “silent” about homosexuality and masturbation because these modern words were not used in the Scriptures. They peddle the folly that people should not be made to mortify homosexual and masturbation instincts and tendencies nor be made to feel guilty about them since these are natural motions or orientations. Imagine such twisted thinking and absurdity!!!
My brethren, if you have any of these vileness springing up in your affections, the powerful biblical approach is to purpose in your hearts (Dan 1:8) never to cherish such vileness but to always resist the devil by gallantly turning each of and every such moment of temptation into moments of prayers to God for fervent devotion and intense warfare (Eph 6:10-18) till the devil and his vices get behind (Luk 4:7-8) and flee from you (Jas 4:7; 1Pet 5:8-9) and the Holy Spirit fills your hearts with power and ardour. This simple step always works powerfully for every believer committed to self-control and holiness.
The fact is that the Scripture is NOT silent about masturbation and other forms of EROTIC NON-COITAL (MENTAL, VISUAL, MANUAL) SEXUAL STIMULATION AND SATISFACTION. I have dealt with homosexuality in another post. The Scriptures condemn these vices describing them in so many ways and counsel abstinence from and avoidance same vile indulgences. Or else….
What is committing fornication erotically with your eye and heart without actually having coital sex with anybody? (Mat 5:27-28)
What are inordinate affection, evil concupiscence and uncleanness? (Col 3:5)
What is lust and youthful lust? (2Tim 2:22)
What is lasciviousness? What is carousing? What is excess dissipation?
The word “MASTURBATION” is a new word from 18th century but concupiscent self-gratification by MANUAL LASCIVIOUS EROTICISM WITHOUT COITUS is not new and was described with several words in ancient times.
(27) You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
(28) But I [Jesus] say unto you, That whosoever LOOKS ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HAS COMMITTED ADULTERY with her already in his heart.
(5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; FORNICATION, UNCLEANNESS, INORDINATE AFFECTION, EVIL CONCUPISCENCE, AND COVETOUSNESS, which is idolatry:
(6) FOR WHICH THINGS’ SAKE THE WRATH OF GOD COMETH ON THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE:
(7) In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
(2) For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
(3) For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
(4) That every one of you should KNOW HOW TO POSSESS HIS VESSEL IN SANCTIFICATION AND HONOUR;
(5) NOT IN THE LUST OF CONCUPISCENCE, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
(22) FLEE ALSO YOUTHFUL LUSTS: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
(1) Since therefore Christ has suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin;
(2) That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the LUSTS of men, but to the will of God.
(3) For the time past of our life will suffice us to have done the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in LICENTIOUSNESS, LUSTS, excess of wine, REVELING, CAROUSING, and abominable idolatries:
(4) In which they think it strange that you run not with them to the same EXCESS OF DISSIPATION, speaking evil of you:
(5) Who SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT TO HIM THAT IS READY TO JUDGE THE LIVING AND THE DEAD.
There are many Balaams in these last days.
(14) But I have a few things against you: You have there some who hold to THE TEACHING OF BALAAM, the one who taught Balak to put a STUMBLING BLOCK before the people of Israel so that they would eat food sacrificed to idols and PRACTICE IMMORALITY.