GROWTH IN GRACE and GROWTH IN SANCTIFICATION.
Going by the Scriptures, sanctification is not only positional but progressive. GROWTH IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE and WALK IN THE SPIRIT are meant to both preserve and perfect our sanctification.
(18) But GROW IN GRACE, AND IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
(16) This I say then, WALK IN THE SPIRIT, AND YOU SHALL NOT FULFILL THE LUST OF THE FLESH.
(17) For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would.
(14) FOLLOW PEACE WITH ALL MEN, AND HOLINESS, without which no man shall see the Lord:
(15) Looking diligently lest any man FALL SHORT OF THE GRACE of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, AND THEREBY MANY BE DEFILED;
(4) That every one of you should know how to POSSESS HIS OWN VESSEL IN SANCTIFICATION and honor;
(1) Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, PERFECTING HOLINESS in the fear of God.
(12) Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if indeed I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
(13) Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
(14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(15) Let us therefore, as many as would be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything you be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.