POWER AND PURPOSE OF GRACE
Everyone says Grace is unmerited favour from God to believers.
Nobody explains what the favour actually is or are.
Everyone just relishes the unmeritedness of whatever the favour.
This is not only unhelpful but is also dangerous as the Scriptures show.
The unmerited favour is PARDON for sin on one hand and POWER against sin on the other to equips us for proper walk with God.
(11) For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.
(12) It trains us to renounce ungodly living and worldly passions so that we might live sensible, honest, and godly lives in the present world.
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, because of his great love for us
(5) even when we were dead because of our offenses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
(6) raised us up with him, and seated us with him in the heavenly realm in Christ Jesus,
(7) so that in the coming ages he might display the limitless riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
(8) For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God
(9) and not the result of works, lest anyone boast.
(10) For we are his masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared long ago to be our way of life.