December is a time to re-live the hope and joy of Messianic Advent.
The ancient Prophets promised the COMING OF THE MESSIAH to bring THE GRACE OF SALVATION and THE GLORY OF RESURRECTION.
1. THE GRACE OF SALVATION: The Waiting for the messianic salvation of Israel Luke 2:25,38; 23:51; Mark 15:43.
Israel WAITED for TEMPORAL VICTORY by the Messiah for Messianic Salvation (mainly from SOCIETAL OPPRESSION for Israel but also from SPIRITUAL TRANSGRESSION for Jews and Gentiles Luke 1:69-79):
2. THE GLORY OF RESURRECTION: The Hope of Israel for resurrection Acts 23:6; 24:15; 26:6-7; 28:20; Tit 2:13.
Israel HOPED for ETERNAL GLORY of Bodily Resurrection from death (or salvation from BODILY DECOMPOSITION especially for Jews but also for Gentiles who join the Messiah by faith Eph 2:11-22: 3:1-13)
(11) For the GRACE OF GOD HAS APPEARED, bringing salvation to all people.
(12) It trains us to renounce ungodly living and worldly passions so that we might live sensible, honest, and godly lives in the present world
(13) as we WAIT FOR THE BLESSED HOPE AND THE GLORIOUS APPEARANCE of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
(14) He gave himself for us to set us free from every wrong and to cleanse us so that we could be his special people who are enthusiastic about good works.