THE SAINTS SHALL MEET THE LORD AT HIS GLORIOUS COMING TO REIGN.
What does “to MEET the Lord” at His glorious coming, mean?
Does this mean “to DEPART WITH the Lord” and be with Him as He goes?
Or does this mean “to WELCOME the Lord” and be with Him as He comes?
(15) For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain UNTO THE COMING OF THE LORD shall not precede them who are asleep.
(16) For THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
(17) Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to MEET THE LORD in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
As other portions of the Scripture that used the same word “MEET” (Grk=apantēsis) show:
“to MEET the Lord” at His coming means “to WELCOME the Lord” as He comes from heaven to raise His saints and reign with them in the Millennium “marriage supper”.
“to MEET the Lord” does not mean “to DEPART WITH the Lord” as if He were going back to heaven.
(6) And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes; go out to MEET him.
(15) And from there, when the brethren heard of us, they came to MEET us as far as the Appii Forum, and The Three Taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.