CHURCH DENOMINATIONS – the albatross.
Denominations are because of the hardness of human hearts, for in the beginning they were not there in the Church.
Denominations are partition walls built by Christians within the Church which Christ founded by breaking down the walls of partition.
Denominations are human attempts to ensure that Christ’s prayer for the Church’s oneness is not seen to be answered.
Denominations are faulty means for removing unbiblical error as well as for introducing unbiblical error in the Christ’s Church.
Denominations are mundane means for selfish ends as well as for selfless ends in the Church.
Thank God every denomination knows and believes there are no denominations in heaven.
(9) For then will I restore to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one accord.
(20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also who shall believe on me through their word;
(21) That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me.
(22) And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
(23) I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that you have sent me, and have loved them, as you have loved me.