On TRUTH and FACTS.
by Ven Dr I. U. Ibeme
Truth is eternal and spiritual whereas fact is historical and temporal.
Science and Speculation cannot discover Truth, their only realm is with facts and acts.
Only by revelation could Truth be accessed.
In His wisdom, God has actually made it impossible for science and speculation to discover Truth (1Cor 1:21) as the Scriptures say:
(18) For the message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God’s power to us who are being saved.
(19) For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent I will reject.”
(20) Where is the wise person? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? God has turned the wisdom of the world into nonsense, hasn’t he?
(21) For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know God, God decided through the nonsense of our preaching to save those who believe.
(22) Jews ask for signs, and Greeks look for wisdom,
(23) but we preach Christ crucified. He is a stumbling block to Jews and nonsense to gentiles,
Truth is about God’s Ways whereas facts are about God’s Works, and even other temporal facts and works of men and demons too.
The Scriptures said:
(8) Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of trials in the wilderness:
(9) When your fathers tested me, tried me, and saw my work.
(10) Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
(11) Unto whom I swore in my anger that they should not enter into my rest.
(7) He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.