PROPHECY from ELIJAH to today’s worldly “modern” CHURCH.
(12) And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus says the LORD God of David your father, Because you have not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,
(13) But have walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and have made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to play the harlot, like the harlotries of the house of Ahab, and also have slain your brothers of your father’s house, who were better than yourself:
(14) Behold, with a great plague will the LORD strike your people, and your children, and your wives, and all your goods:
(15) And you shall have great sickness by disease of your intestines, until your intestines come out because of the sickness day by day.
(16) Moreover the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were near the Ethiopians:
(17) And they came up into Judah, and invaded it, and carried away all the possessions that were found in the king’s house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was not a son left him, except Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.
(18) And after all this the LORD struck him in his intestines with an incurable disease.
(19) And it came to pass, that in process of time, after the end of two years, his intestines fell out because of his sickness: so he died in great pain. And his people made no fire in his honor, like the fires made for his fathers.
COUNSEL from CHRIST to today’s worldly “modern” CHURCH.
(12) And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write; These things says he who has the sharp sword with two edges;
(13) I know your works and where you dwell, even where Satan’s throne is: and you hold fast my name, and have not denied my faith, even in those days when Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.
(14) But I have a few things against you, because you have there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
(15) So have you also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
(16) Repent; or else I will come unto you quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
(17) He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except him who receives it.